Almond Butter Maple Banana Muffins
Makes 14 muffins
Hands-on Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp baking soda
- 1⁄4 tsp coarse sea salt, optional
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 tbsp Greek yogurt, divided
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure organic vanilla extract
- 3 bananas, divided
- 2 tbsp natural unsalted crunchy almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare batter: In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt . In a small bowl, whisk 1 egg with oil; stir in 1⁄2 cup yogurt, maple syrup and vanilla. Add egg mixture to flour mixture and stir until just combined. Mash 2 1⁄2 bananas and fold into mixture until just combined and no white streaks remain; mixture should still be lumpy.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: In a small bowl, mash remaining 1⁄2 banana; stir in remaining 1 egg, 2 tbsp yogurt and almond butter until well combined.
- Line 14 muffin cups with paper liners and fill one-third of each liner with batter. Dollop 1 tsp filling into each, then divide remaining batter among liners. Bake for 18 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Let cool in tin for 5 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and let cool on wire racks.
TIP: Muffins are good for about 4 days so freeze any you won’t use within that period.
Meet Angela, Professional Nutritional Therapist
Based in Orlando, Fl., Temple Fuel provides classes and seminars about healthy eating along with corporate wellness programs and nutrition counseling. With small changes, we can help you improve the Standard American Diet (SAD) through dieting and meal planning.
Visit Temple Fuel Nutrition to learn more.
Questions? Contact me today.